Suitable for: All individuals who may require assistance with reading and writing, such as those with dyslexia.
Course Type: Online Learning
Operating System: Windows
Certification / Awarding Body: CPD Certification Service
ClaroRead offers a suite of tools designed to assist with reading and writing tasks. The course covers the following topics: working with the toolbar; text-to-speech; checking your written work; importing text; exporting to audio and video, and additional applications.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Control audio playback of your text.
- Change document properties to increase legibility.
- Check the spelling of documents.
- Identify the right word to use in situations where there are similar sounding words.
- Export text as an audio or video file.
- Be familiar with ClaroRead’s supplementary tools (where applicable).
- Tailor ClaroRead’s options to suit your needs.
- Convert paper documents and PDF’s into files which ClaroRead can speak aloud.
|01||INTRODUCTION TO CLAROREAD||Introducing what ClaroRead does, your learning objectives and how this course is structured.|
|02||THE TOOLBAR||An overview of the ClaroRead toolbar including: moving and docking; the floating toolbar, and customising the appearance.|
|03||READING||Reading documents, webpages and PDF’s with ClaroRead’s speech-playback tools.|
|04||WRITING||An introduction to ClaroRead’s spelling, prediction and dictionary features.|
|05||WORKING WITH TEXT||Scanning documents into ClaroRead and converting text to audio and video.|
|06||SUPPLEMENTARY TOOLS||Customising ClaroRead to get the most from the software.|
|07||FINAL QUIZ||Test what you have learned in the course.|